Either Bosnia and Herzegovina or Kazakhstan will qualify for their first UEFA Futsal EURO final tournament after the play-off draw was made in Nyon today.
While hosts Serbia and qualifying main round group winners Croatia, holders Italy, Portugal, Russia, Slovenia, Spain and Ukraine are assured of their berths in Belgrade next February, four places remain to be decided. The seven main round runners-up and Romania, the best third-placed team, will play off in two-legged ties in September for those spots.
Draw: Two legs, 15 & 22 September
Romania v Hungary
Bosnia and Herzegovina v Kazakhstan
Czech Republic v Belarus
Azerbaijan v Slovakia
• Romania have reached the last two quarter-finals; Hungary qualified by right in 2005 and as 2010 hosts.
• Neither Bosnia and Herzegovina nor Kazakhstan have qualified before.
• Bosnia and Herzegovina lost in the 2014 play-offs on away goals to the Netherlands.
• Kazakhstan are in their first play-off but did beat Bosnia and Herzegovina 8-5 in 2007 qualifying.
• The Czech Republic have qualified for the last seven final tournaments, reaching the 2003 and 2010 semis. They have also appeared at the last three FIFA Futsal World Cups.
• Belarus qualified in 2010 but went down 4-3 to the Czech Republic in the 2014 main round.
• Azerbaijan have featured in the last three UEFA Futsal EUROs, advancing to the 2010 semis.
• Slovakia have never qualified. In 2014 they lost 2-1 to Azerbaijan in the main round and 7-1 on aggregate to Croatia in the play-offs.
• Already qualified: Croatia, Italy (holders), Portugal, Russia, Serbia (hosts), Slovenia, Spain, Ukraine
• Finals: 2–13 February, Belgrade
©UEFA.com 1998-2011. All rights reserved.